Next term the course will be 11 weeks to make up for the lost session this term due to the snow. Meanwhile, although a much reduced group tonight for a variety of reasons, below are the paintings which show remarkable progress and achievement.
If anyone from the group develops their paintings further and wants to share them with the group please send them to the tutor by email and he will add them to the blog for you.
Term Three 19th April 7pm-9pm
Next term, for those returning and for new learners attending for the first time, we will spend the first 4-5 weeks learning or refreshing our knowledge, confidence and skills on key basic skills:
- Understanding and using composition to improve our design skills, and look at artists examples.
- Understanding and using shape and form using drawing to develop our seeing ability, and look at artists examples.
- Using colour in different mediums (oils, watercolour, soft pastels and oil pastels) to develop our understanding of making colour through mixing, handling paint, loading a brush, and preparing the surface for the medium, and look at artists examples.
- Bringing this all together in a still life, and look at artists examples.
- The following 5-6 weeks we will work to a theme but you choose an artist's style and a subject that inspires you to incorporate into your own project.
Now enjoy the paintings from tonight's session!